🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

There have been rumors, not-so-subtle hints, and plenty of feature requests over the years touching on different aspects of what we’ve been building here at TrainerRoad.

Today, we’re thrilled to finally announce Adaptive Training!

This is an entirely new foundation of TrainerRoad that uses machine learning, science-based coaching principles, and our unprecedented data set to give you the right workout, every time.

Adaptive Training does this all through taking your performance, life, and goals into account, intelligently adjusting your training to help you get faster.

Adaptive Training is aimed at solving problems like:

• Having an easier time with one training zone compared to another
  • Feeling like the Ramp Test doesn’t work for you
  • Feeling like you just aren’t good at a particular training zone
  • Missing workouts and wondering what to do next, whether it’s just a few workouts or multiple weeks of training

We’re talking about this in detail on our podcast now if you want to check it out!

Big Update, Adaptive Training is now out of beta and fully available to every TrainerRoad athlete. When you log in, you’ll see a notification that Adaptive Training is enabled for your account. If

From here on out, this thread will act as a landing page for athletes to receive Adaptive Training updates from the TrainerRoad team and share experiences and helpful tips. But we don’t want it to serve as a place for athletes to post general questions or how-to’s, bug reporting, or support team help.

The forum doesn’t have a great infrastructure for athletes to search for questions and solutions that apply to them, so posing FAQs and getting help on the thread can make it messy and hard for everyone to follow—as we saw in the previous threads of over 7,000+ posts! Additionally, relevant issues/bugs/solutions are constantly changing within Adaptive Training, and TR support has the best and most up-to-date information and help.

If you have questions or need a second look at any Adaptive Training topics like Progression Levels, Surveys, or pending adaptations, please check out our recently updated Adaptive Training Help Guide.

Let support@trainerroad.com know if you have any questions or need a second look at anything; otherwise, feel free to post helpful tips and experiences below, and follow along for updates from the TrainerRoad team!

131 Likes

So you’re saying I can’t go from 1 hour a week training to HV and then complain it’s too hard anymore?

71 Likes

Woot woot! Podcast comments are going mad! So glad my plan ends tomorrow. Can’t wait to try this!

2 Likes

I put my email down, I was lucky enough to be part of the early early beta so excited to see this coming to life!

4 Likes

oh man, this sounds absolutely fantastic! awesome work, i’m definitely going to try and beta test this!

1 Like

Correction, reading above quickly

2 Likes

Goodbye FTP :partying_face:

6 Likes

Interested to know if the progression within different energy systems will analyse and incorporate non-TR based rides (Zwift races, outdoor rides etc)?

28 Likes

My main question also :point_up_2:t4:

6 Likes

Sounds really great! Every triathlete is going “Does the AI recognize my running and swimming?”

24 Likes

Goodbye Proxy for Self Worth. :pleading_face:

13 Likes

Shh! Ive been trying not to post that for fifteen minutes😅

14 Likes

Hello seven new proxys for it!

10 Likes

As per another thread… this will be nice to have to add on to Tri plans, once they properly re-roll out.

5 Likes

Sounds great and look forward to the day when machine-learning training really takes off…but the problem is always going to be the assumptions baked into the algorithm. If the machine tells me I should be doing too much high intensity work months before my first event, is this really all that better?

3 Likes

yeah for triathlonnnn
they have on their backlog to have a better integration of swimming and running so it can sync up

9 Likes

is that right? ML being used as branding here? The problem of saying “our vast data set” is that at the end of the day a pretty simple algorithm is being used to prescribe the next workout right?

Based on what they are saying, it is true machine learning.

There isn’t really a simple algorithm that works like how they are saying.

3 Likes

“Not Recommended” = Disaster and it’s variants :stuck_out_tongue:

35 Likes

The new filtering method and options look amazing!

18 Likes