Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Can’t wait to be invited in, so I can stop complaining about being excluded and start complaining about bugs in the beta. :roll_eyes:

26 Likes

Exactly. I’m enjoying life with a known service that has been helping me get faster where I don’t have to fill out all kinds of forms and note bugs. You know what, I kind of hope I get pulled in only towards the end and I don’t want to get selected now. (I’m now awaiting the e-mail telling me I’m in this week…)

2 Likes

Now, that’s being Adaptive. You’re not even in the beta, and the training has worked anyway!

2 Likes

Stop being logical, and let me emote please :wink:

2 Likes

Same here, same scenario additional 15 mins for me on a Garmin 935 though… it didn’t count. But I’ve reported mine to support… maybe they’re looking into it.

This might be a know issue listed in “Introducing AT” post:

• Occasionally outside workout outcomes don’t get correctly classified.

Haha same here :+1:

I love Sufferfest workouts, but I don’t want to do them all the time, and they’re not set up all that well to work as training plans.

The bread ‘n’ butter workouts in the main TR plans focus on slowly increasingly duration and intensity. So for example, in the SSMV-1 plan, early on you have Ericsson, 4x8-minutes at 88-94%, then later you get Tunnabora, 5x7-minutes, then Carson, 6x5-7-minutes. Early in the plan you have Mount Field, 3x12-minutes at 85% and 3-min rests, then later Geiger +1, 4x12-minutes with 4-min rests, and the last tough workout of the SSMV-1 plan is McAdie+2, 4x12 minutes with 1-min at 95% and 2-min at 105%.

Each week the interval durations get just a little bit longer, intensity just a little bit tougher. It’s hard to do that with the SUF videos - the workouts are basically fixed.

I use TR as my base, and mix in the occasional SUF video or Zwift race / group ride.

2 Likes

Friend of mine is on a Sufferfest plan. It seemed to start out well enough (noob gains?) but it’s all over the place now.

1 Like

My scheduled workout for today is showing as not recommended. Is this due to the double I did on Tuesday? If so, in the future will the system provide an alternate recommended workout? Thanks.

1 Like

Out of interest, what does the career page have your VO2max level at? Also, what was the last VO2max (planned) workout you did?

I just took a ramp test Tuesday and it reset all my levels to 1.0 with my increase (+1%).
Last TR VO2 max workout was too long ago.

Tristan in support chat confirmed that it is “not recommended” due to my ride history and that in the future AT will provide an alternate workout. For now, using TrainNow is the way to go to pick a workout for today.

2 Likes

Do you have the alternates section at the bottom for that workout? Can’t you just change the selection to “productive” and see what is listed? (picture from a completely different workout that I have scheduled for today)

1 Like

I did not try that. Next time I run into similar situation I will see what’s available. Thanks for that tip.

1 Like

Thanks Textuality. Might give TR a go for a couple of months (got a couple of big days in the UK Lake District (UK) coming up which will need focus!

Are the progression levels on each workout are the same for everybody?
Example Tunnabora is ranked as 3.6 in my plan, Echo +1 is 7.4, is it the same for everybody?

Yeah those are universal levels. In adaptive training you’d get assigned workouts that are consistent with your personal progression level in a particular category

1 Like

most americans won’t know who the real aldridge prior is. (really missing out). hope to see sheridan poorly on here too.

1 Like

most americans won’t know who the real aldridge prior is. (really missing out). hope to see sheridan poorly on here too.

OffTopic

Since you mentioned it, here’s a bit of Aldridge Prior “channelling” Sheridan Poorly :wink:

Aldridge Prior - he’s a hopeless liar

NB I was at school with a character just like that - he even wore that same 70s fur-collared jacket as AP :rofl: . Wonder where he is now? - probably the first human on Mars or something, having travelled there solo in a self-made, faster-than-light, stealth spaceship, Nolan sisters in the onboard fridge of course, etc etc etc

/OffTopic