Learn from Amber Pierce, Alex Wild and Pete Morris how they read a race like a pro, how much time you need to recover between A-Races, how to use injuries to get faster and much more in Episode 295 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to get more out of your training calendar 3:40
- How to balance riding, training, and racing 14:39
- How to use an injury to get faster 27:18
- How to read the race like a pro 44:42
- Favorite on-the-bike drinks 1:30:15
- Kettlebell exercises for cyclists 1:32:14
- How to train after an injury 1:35:28
- Why you might not need 90g of carbs per hour 1:40:43
- Is there an ideal power for crit racing? 1:42:44
- Bike handling skills for gravel racers 1:44:26
- How much recovery is required after an A-Race? 1:55:18
Resources and Studies Mentioned in This Episode
- Successful Athletes Podcast: www.TrainerRoad.com/SAP
- Blog Post on Race Prioritization: https://www.trainerroad.com/blog/5-questions-to-plan-perfect-season/
- Race Analysis YouTube Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrKJ0zeMQrI5Bj3IUaHX0VPjNthpfFNhD
- Full Race YouTube Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrKJ0zeMQrI6l7bcsYz5jy61iouPWbv3x
Successful Athletes Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post