Join us live on YouTube for Episode 295 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
We’re going to leverage the racing nous of Amber Pierce, Alex Wild and Pete Morris to find out how they read a race like a pro, ranging from the specific anecdote to the theoretical. We’ll also dig into how much time you need to recover between A-Races and how to use injuries as an opportunity to get faster and much more. It’s going to be a fun one!
Tune in live on YouTube, Thursday at 8:00am Pacific, or catch the archive on your favorite podcast app!
Topics Covered in This Episode
- How to get more out of your training calendar
- How to balance riding, training and racing
- How to use an injury to get faster
- How to read the race like a pro
- Favorite on-the-bike drinks
- Kettlebell exercises for cyclists
- How to train after an injury
- Is there an ideal power for crit racing?
- Why you might not need 90g of carbs per hour
- Bike handling skills for gravel racers
- How much recovery is required after an A-Race?
Resources and Studies Mentioned in This Episode
- Successful Athletes Podcast:
- Blog Post on Race Prioritization:
- Race Analysis YouTube Playlist:
- Full Race YouTube Playlist: