The Ready State’s Dr. Kelly Starrett joins Coach Jonathan at Strava HQ for a talk on how to be faster through mobility, stretching, strength training, injury prevention and much more.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Kelly Starrett is here to discuss how mobility can make us faster!
- What is the difference between mobility and flexibility?
- Should cyclists focus on flexibility?
- Functional body positioning that increases performance
- Why cyclists need to do multi-plane movements
- How cross-training will affect your cycling
- The difference between working harder and doing what will actually improve performance
- What are the biggest enemies of consistency
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org