Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Asthma, Timing Strength Training, Race-Day Nutrition and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 280
Why is asthma so prevalent in endurance sports, how to time your strength training with endurance training, ideal race-day nutrition and more in Episode 280 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Successful Athletes PodcastShould the hosts race Lotoja?
- Amber’s nutrition principles
- What an ideal day of nutrition looks like
- How strength training affects endurance training
- The science behind cell-signaling and why it’s key to getting faster
- How to time your strength training with endurance training
- How asthma affects endurance performance
- Why do so many endurance athletes have asthma?
- Is track-hack / race-cough a sign of asthma?
Studies Mentioned in this episode
- Concurrent Training for Sports Performance: The Two Sides of the Medal
- Explosive strength training improve 5-km running time by improving running economy and muscle power
- Effects of intra-session concurrent endurance and strength training sequence on aerobic performance and capacity
- Effects of exercise training on airway hyperreactivity in asthma: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Endurance training: is it bad for you?
- Exercise and asthma: an overview
- Physical activity and bronchial hyperresponsiveness: European Community Respiratory Health Survey II
Successful Athletes Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.