Pacelines, normalized vs. average power, balancing cravings with race weight, allergies and more.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Flying vs. driving to races
- How your warmup affects your race
- How to manage expectations as a Type A bike racer
- Why big racers can be successful in hilly bike races
- Mental illness and endurance athletics
- How long should you pull in a paceline?
- Effective ways to organize a paceline
- How you should change your nutrition for different race durations
- Why average power is used for PRs instead of Normalized Power
- How Normalized Power works
- How to time shifts perfectly when sprinting or out of the saddle
- How allergies affect performance
- Do antihistamines make you slower?
- How to train for TTs if you are a triathlete
- How to overcome cravings
- How to find your ideal weight
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Transcription to be added after recording.
Share this Post