Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Training
Burning Fat, Testosterone, Coach Chad’s Booklist and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 167
Every cyclist wants to burn fat, but it’s more complicated than low intensity riding. Join us live for deep dives on fat burning, testosterone in cycling, and Chad’s favorite books in today’s episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to burn fat with cycling
- What is “spot-burning” for fat?
- What is the difference between visceral and subcutaneous fat
- Why food matters more than training for fat burning
- What role intensity plays in losing weight
- How insulin and sugar affect fat loss
- Why athletes have a surprisingly complex time with weight control
- Testosterone and cyclists
- Is hormone replacement therapy banned for cyclists?
- Why taking testosterone is cheating
- Natural ways to increase testosterone production
- What effect sleep has on testosterone
- Should cyclists always avoid weight gain?
- How cyclists can ad weight that helps make them faster
- Why cyclists should strength train
- Why sugary drinks can be bad for cyclists
- The difference between hydration during a race and recovery
- What is osmolality and why you should keep track of it
- Which nutrition products optimize hydration
- How mountain bikers can improve their pacing
- Why mountain bike races start so hard
- How to train your body to start races hard
- Coach Chad’s favorite books
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.