Jonathan goes KOM hunting with one of the best mountain bikers in the USA, why your pacing plan for CX is wrong, why your power and heart rate zones don’t match and much more in Episode 186 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast. Join us live tomorrow morning at 8:00am Pacific!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- How to avoid illness as a cyclist
- TrainerRoad’s new Calendar and Analytics features
- How to steal a KOM
- How KOM hunting can make you faster
- How to train with a newborn
- Why cyclocross isn’t a natural fit for sprinters
- How to refine a nutrition strategy
- Should you pay attention to breathing rate?
- Why warmups are crucial for cycling
- Why does heart rate rise when power is consistent?
- When should you not carry two bottles?
- Why intervals are always a better idea than junk miles
Nate’s post about getting sick
Coach Jon’s post on how he’s addressing knee injuries
Training camp with professional athlete, Keegan Swenson
Analysis of the day Nate got his KOM snatched
TrainerRoad Calendar and list of upcoming features
UCI Elite Men CX race
How to prioritize your race plan
5 questions to plan your perfect season
Why you don’t need to train for X minutes to be able to ride for X minutes
How to learn more about TrainerRoad