MTB Pro Alex Wild joins the team to discuss how he balances riding pro MTB and a full-time job, how he uses analytics to improve every aspect of his mountain biking ecosystem from equipment to nutrition and training, a breakdown of Alex’s setup with the new Specialized Epic and more in Episode 269 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How Alex started riding MTB
- Alex’s strategy to KOM Old La Honda road
- How Alex balances a full-time job and racing pro MTB
- Alex insights to manage expectations and confidence on race day
- Alex’s racing and training equipment checklist
- Pro tips for a proper MTB race warmup
- How to plan for a year-long racing season
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org