Coach Chad is back! This week we dig into how VO2max affects FTP, why heart rate may be lower or higher for different people at different times, and discussions about positioning in aggressive groups, heat, crashing and more inspired by Tulsa Tough.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Intro 0:04
- Jonathan’s Tulsa Tough experience 12:20
- The difference between racing for a win versus a solid finish 20:54
- How to ride in an aggressive group 24:30
- Mental and strategic tips for racing in aggressive fields -28:47
- How to beat a dominant team 46:10
- How does VO2 Max affect FTP? 1:19:58
- Does cadence affect aerodynamics? 1:27:55
- Why does heart rate vary between athletes? 1:34:03
- Live questions and answers 1:56:12
Resources mentioned in this episode
Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Successful Athletes Podcast
Science of Getting Faster Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post