We’re back with a live recording this week, so join us on YouTube in the chat!
Ivy, Nate, Alex Wild and I will cover how to reach and maintain peak fitness for as long as possible, how many all-out efforts does a rider have each year, if heat training can replace elevation training and much more in Episode 311 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
Tune in for the YouTube Live Stream tomorrow morning at 8:00am Pacific!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics Covered in This Episode
- How long can you sustain peak fitness?
- How to perform well year-round
- How to prioritize events and why it’s important
- How much of peaking is physical vs. mental?
- Why chronically maintaining a caloric deficit can be dangerous
- What is BMR and should cyclists measure it?
- Sprints on an indoor trainer
- What impact do team kits have on race tactics?
- Can heat training replace altitude training?
- How to use heat training to increase RBC
- How to use elevation training to get faster
- Do you have a finite number of “all-out” efforts?
- Is there a cost to overshooting your power targets when training?