Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Training
Warmup Science, Pre-Workout Nutrition, Recovery Drinks & More – Ask a Cycling Coach 135
What happens to your body during a warmup, the do’s and don’ts of pre-workout nutrition, why you may reconsider your next recovery drink & more in this week’s episode of the Ask a Cycling coach Podcast.
Topics covered in this episode
- TrainerRoad CX Nationals Athlete Panel Event
- We’re hiring three software engineers! (www.TrainerRoad.com/jobs)
- Why you should sync Strava and Garmin Connect to TrainerRoad
- The science behind warmups
- What actually happens during a warmup?
- How to know when you should warm up
- What type of warmup is best for your next race?
- Should you train while you are sick?
- How to come back to training after illness
- Do smart trainers and power meters measure power differently?
- Can upper body mass make you a faster cyclist?
- How to time your strength training
- Is heat training discipline specific?
- Pre-workout nutrition to fuel your workouts
- What you should think of before taking in a recovery drink
- How to become a better climber
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.