Standing vs. seated climbing, what it takes to go sub-8 at Leadville, peaking more than once & more in this episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Topics covered in this episode
- What it’s like to ride at professional team camps
- Tactics or power to weight – which matters most?
- How pro cyclists eat
- How to beat a strong racer in a crit
- How to train for Leadville
- Why TT racers should race leadville
- What it takes to go under 8 hours at Leadville
- How to build useful sprint power
- Is chloride bad for cyclists?
- What to look for in an electrolyte drink
- How to train between goal events
- Differentiating between physical and psychological fatigue
- How to use RPE to train
- Ventilatory thresholds explained
- Should you not stand on the trainer?
- Which is faster: seated or standing pedaling?
- How to reduce anterior pelvic tilt
- Why cyclists need to loosen their hips
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.