Cross-training is not usually considered as necessary for cyclists, but should it be? We’ll cover the science of cross-training, how to raise power while dropping weight and much more in this episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- TrainerRoad launched a Free Trial!
- How to raise power while losing weight
- Why some athletes drop power while losing weight
- The science behind cross-training and why cyclists should do more of it
- Rapid Fire questions
- How to level up your sprint skills in a week
- Is pre-workout weight training a way to get more adaptations?
- Is it better to focus on the effort or distract yourself?
Studies mentioned in this episode
- The effect of rate of weight loss on long-term weight regain in adults with overweight and obesity
- The effect of rate of weight loss on long-term weight management: A randomised controlled trial
- The Black Bibs
- Elite Bottles
- Finn Optics Hightail sunglasses
Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Successful Athletes Podcast
Science of Getting Faster Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.