Where should you draw the line with aggressive racing, why your sprint power may be lower than you want and how to improve it, why over-unders are so hard and what you can do to improve with them and much more in Episode 297 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Listen to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast now!: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/science-getting-faster-podcast-presented-by-trainerroad/id1552970725
Topics covered in this episode
- Intro 00:11
- Get a sneak peek of the Science of Getting Faster Podcast! 00:44
- Work for TrainerRoad! 7:48
- Fueling advice for improving body composition 14:52
- Is racing getting too aggressive? 26:07
- How to deal with overly competitive friends 58:45
- Is the supertuck ban a good thing? 1:21:15
- What is the “one bike to rule them all”? 1:29:44
- Can you race a gravel bike in a criterium? 1:32:44
- The hosts’ favorite girl scout cookies 1:38:00
- Are there good beet supplements? 1:39:06
- What workout would you only wish upon your worst enemy? 1:41:37
- Why over-unders are so hard and how to get better at them 1:44:12
- Why your sprint power is low and how to fix that 1:53:56
Successful Athletes Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.