Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Training
Pro Racing, Rider Types, and Motivation with Ben Jacques-Maynes – Ask a Cycling Coach 276
Retired pro cyclist Ben Jacques-Maynes joins the podcast to discuss what he learned about motivation, nutrition, training, injuries, how to maximize success and more in Episode 276 of The Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- What Ben learned as a mountain biker that helped him in road racing
- How Ben became a pro cyclist
- What pro cycling is actually like
- How to maintain motivation when racing against the odds
- Why losing too much weight makes you slower
- How to recover from an injury
- Why Ben won more races when he started weighing more
- What it takes to get a podium finish in a stage of the Tour of California
- How to recognize and manage disordered eating
- How to manage a healthy relationship with food and cycling
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org