Our 200th episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast will feature discussions on happiness and performance, how to understand and overcome your performance limiters, how training changes your body at a cellular level, and much more! Join us live on Facebook and YouTube at 8:00am Pacific on Thursday, March 28.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to use a lack of race fitness to your advantage
- New race analysis videos: sag climbing and descending
- What beet juice actually does for performance
- How to overcome fitness blocks
- How to do a fair self-analysis of your cycling potential
- Why muscle fiber composition isn’t a strict determinant of performance
- How training changes our body at the cellular level
- A guide to strategic decision making in race situations
- How to recognize changes in wind
- How to know if you should abandon a race plan or stick to it
- Why a faster cadence is almost always a better solution for climbing
- How long does it take to lose the benefit of a warmup?
- Why and how you should calibrate your power meter every ride
- Is sparkling water bad for performance?
- How being happy makes you faster
- Why you shouldn’t get out of the saddle toward the end of the
- TrainerRoad ramp test
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcription to be added after recording.