What Beer are you enjoying?

1 Like

This is my favorite beer season,love winter beers. My first of the year this year and it is off to a strong start. Goose Island Christmas IPA.

2 Likes

Alcohol Free.

6 Likes

Brewdog Nanny State is the best non-alcoholic beer I’ve had. Very good if you like IPA-style beers. Silly name though.

1 Like

You have some good taste in beers.

1 Like

COVID has me enjoying Sour Ales…There’s a local brewery that’s been doing a dang good job on their sour lineup this year. My favorite was a Sweet and Sour Cherry Ale. Today’s offering was Big Luscious by Founders Brewing.

2 Likes

Not tried Nanny State but Aldi in uk do a rip off which is nice. When I picked up the Guinness 0.0 I also go some Brewdog AF.

Re: The Guinness it has been that long since I had the alcohol version I couldn’t tell the different. Side by side would be a different matter, but the same could be said to be true Dublin vs England for the ‘full fat’ version.

Is the Guinness zero as rank as the real stuff?

As it’s stout season, I’ve been enjoying genuinely quality and genuinely Irish Stouts. Wicklow Wolf Apex Oatmeal Stout (and a few of their specials - S’mores and Tiramisu), Lineman Astral Grains, Porterhouse Wrassler, Lough Gill Arethusa, Trouble Brewing Dark Arts, Brú Panda Nero to name just a few brilliant ones that put the multinational plastic offering in the shade.

I’ve a tendency to start my evenings with Alcohol Free beers - the first one or two I have a habit of necking, so sometimes safer!

• Brewdog Punk AF and Nanny State (I think it’s a great name!) very nice.
  • Wicklow Wolf here in Ireland have “Moonlight” which is also right up there with alcoholic ales.
  • Best bang for buck is “Early Start” which is a Roadworks/ Aldi own brand, again in Ireland. Not sure if it’s available in the UK, although Station Works who make it are in Newry. It’s much nicer than the Roadworks alcoholic stuff actually just as a beer
  • Erdinger AF - I’ve started a Friday evening Zwift race. First week I went straight into beer, and it really affected my recovery. Last week, I had one of these first, and n=1 I wasn’t as bad for my Saturday morning spin/ workout. It’s supposed to be isotonic…

There’s also a good few, great, low ABV beers available here. Dead Centre’s Teeny Tiny my pick at 3.3%, but there’s a few also down at 2%.

Every time I see this topic in my thread I want to reply, “All of them.”

2 Likes

I had this over the weekend, it actually does taste like banana bread. Really enjoyed it, i guess it’s an acquired taste though.

1 Like

Here’s last weekend’s shenanigans.

5 Likes

Sierra Nevada Coffee Stout

that sounds strong. I have the beaver town espresso stout that was 9.8% almost knocked me off my feet

i feel you - especially at 5’9" and 143lbs - lol. The sierra nevada is only 6.2% thankfully. offset by four slices of cheese pizza :slight_smile:

beer and pizza. You’re winning at life my friend! no better combo - it’s all just fuel right lol

2 Likes

…about to move into cookies and espresso chasers!

1 Like

Revolution Brewing Fistmas…may have replaced Great Lakes Christmas Ale as my favorite Xmas beer.

1 Like

After weeks without a beer, had to celebrate getting my aerobic endurance back.

Aloha Sculpin is now my favorite Ballast Point IPA (replacing Grapefruit Sculpin).

1 Like

This spoke to me at the grocery store… it’s time for a soul ride :sunglasses:

1 Like

Something I picked up in Moab on my last trip.

1 Like