Join us live for Episode 197 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll be covering stretching, strength, yoga and their unique effects on cycling, race selection and tactics during the Base Phase, how your commute can make you a faster cyclist, and taking your live questions. Tune in Wednesday, March 6 at 8:00am Pacific!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Our race analysis videos are live
- What Nate learned racing back to back days
- What are the rules of free laps in races?
- Are “training” races just an excuse?
- Can you race during the Base Phase?
- What “opener” workouts are best
- What to do the day before a race
- Are indoor trainers bad for carbon bikes?
- Why is Yoga good for cycling?
- Why is static stretching bad?
- How your commute can make you faster
- How to time a training camp for maximum benefit
Race Analysis Videos:
K-Edge Garmin/GoPro Mount:
Specialized Rib Cage II bottle cage:
Specialized Zee Cage II bottle cage:
Aero Deep Dive in the Specialized Win Tunnel:
The Sprinter’s Gap:
Carpathian Peak +2:
Mary Austin -1:
GP Lama YouTube Channel:
Forum on being sick all the time:
Dirty Kanza with Geoff Kabush: