Join us live for Episode 190 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll be talking about the best ways to strategically increase your odds of winning races, giving you a comprehensive guide to strength training for cyclists, covering when it is a good idea to complete two Build Phases back-to-back, a special announcement from Nate and Chad, and much more!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- How cyclists should be using strength training
- How to increase your chances of winning a criterium
- Why versatility is crucial for a bike racer
- Is attacking into a headwind always a bad idea?
- Can you do back-to-back Build Phases?
- Why all power meters don’t measure the same
- How to use a power meter with a smart trainer
- How to schedule recurring workouts with TrainerRoad’s Calendar
- Why aerobic athletes can race with anaerobic athletes
- Chad and Nate’s big announcement
Strength Training for Cyclists
Sprinting Tips From a Pro - Team Clif Bar Racing’s Pete Morris
Spud Inc Neck Harness
Strength Training Volume Study
New Feature: Recurring Workouts
Crossfit Games Crit