Pictures/recipes of easy meals

I wanted to start this thread to provide an easy resource for meal ideas. I recently changed my diet based on info from the TR podcast to include a lot of complex carbs. This has helped me hit my workout intervals consistently, AND I’m losing weight! It’s pretty sweet.

So, post a picture of one of your “go-to” meals, and recipe/instructions so that we can all share ideas.

Here’s my first one: for breakfast a bowl of fruit muesli topped with Greek yogurt for protein.

6 Likes

Pasta, broccoli and tuna. No pic but I’m sure you can use your imagination. Just cook it all and lump it all together but you need a lot of it to stay full.

1 Like

Kodiak Cakes - whole grain pancakes with 14g protein and 30g of carbs, only 3 of which are sugars. I smash up a banana in the mix, and use real maple syrup (yes, that adds sugars).

6 Likes

I’ve been interested in trying out some of the Kodiak products in an effort to eat healthier breakfasts w/more protein. Have you tried a variety of them? Any specific recommendations on flavors/types?

1 Like

This is a great idea! I’ve been trying to cook more, especially veggies. My coworker is big on the squash thing, he cuts an acorn squash in half and just bakes it for like 40 minutes.

One thing i got recently that I can’t stand are traditional oats. I usually get quick oats which seem to absorb more moisture and get soft. These ones I got are “whole” if that makes sense, so they don’t absorb as much and end up being chewy and I suspect harder to digest.

1 Like

Add to blender. Blend. For more carbs or more calories add 30g of oats. Also requires approx 1 cup (250ml) of (preferably) cold water.

1 Like

Love these. Whenever my wife and kids want pancakes on Saturday/Sunday morning, I make my own batter :slight_smile:

I’ve turned many of my friends on to this recipe. Takes a bit of effort in chopping the potatoes and grating the ginger, but it’s quick and easily makes a week’s worth of lunch or dinner (for one). Freezes well so I usually make a double batch. Doesn’t hurt that it’s also delicious!

3 Likes

An easy lunch option - a whole wheat wrap with refried pinto beans, arugula, cherry tomatoes, olives and topped with hummus for a healthy sauce. And add some pumpkin seeds on the side.

3 Likes

Protein Pancakes
30grams whey protein
1 banana
2 eggs
Table spoon Cinnamon powder

Blend together the eggs, banana and protein powder
2. Heat up a frying pan with your oil and slowly fry off the batter in small
pancakes or one big pancake
3. Top with Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit or toppings of your choice

Spiced Carrot and Coriander Soup.
1.5 litres of water
2 veg stock cubes
500 grams Carrots
1 medium potato
1 medium onion.
Tablespoon Dried Coriander

Simmer until carrots are soft, blend and then add hot/medium curry powder and season to taste.

Garnish with fresh coriander

2 Likes

Oatmeal pancakes!
These are really good. Better than regular pancakes IMO. Its basically just oats, milk, and eggs. Best part is my 5 yr old likes them, so I usually do this every sunday morning. Pro tip - blend the oats dry in the blender befpre adding liquid. They seem to turn to ‘flour’ better than when the liquids are in with it.

3 Likes

I do almost the same, except no chia seeds. And instead of water, I add either OJ or organic tart cherry juice.

1 Like

I’ve not tried any other of the Kodiak stuff

1 Like

Pretty basic but, my go-to is stir fry. Cook some rice or quinoa, load it with your favourite veggies, some protein and your sauce of choice. Quick, easy, cheap and healthy. And you can change up the ingredients every time so you don’t get tired of it.

5 Likes

Are you talking of pinhead oats? Most oats I use tend to go soft if you soak them for an hour or so (better overnight). The only exception I have found are pinheads. All rolled oats can be soaked. You only have to warm them up to get a decent porridge. Cook them too much and you get a clagged up pan and a textureless sludge.

Spicy tomato soup:
1 bottle of passatta
1 small jar of peanut butter
1 medium onion finley chopped
500ml stock.
Couple of table spoons of Old Bay Seasoning
Or any cajun spice mix of your choice.

Soften the onion in oil. Bung in all the rest and simmer… mash it to break up the peanut butter and leave it textured or blitz it smooth.

You can add chopped kale for a bit of that superfood goodness…

1 Like

This isn’t too far away from one of my favourites - sweet potato, tofu, and broccoli curry:

• Fry onion, ginger, garlic
  • Add ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli powder to taste and cook out
  • Add 2 cans coconut milk (one full fat / one low fat works for me)
  • Add peeled chopped sweet potato, bring to a boil, simmer for about 15 minutes. Add cubed tofu and broccoli florets half-way through
  • Add a bit of garam masala and some chilli flakes according to preference
  • serve with whatever extra carbs you like, chopped coriander (cilantro for Americans) and if you have them, some toasted cashews.

I’m not vegetarian myself, but the great thing about vegetarian recipes is that they’re really resistant to repeated re-heating. Fish and meat dishes are really hard to do in batches without drying it out second time around.

2 Likes

I forgot to take a photo but really easy way to prepare healthy and tasty leam it is baked vegetables (as potatoes, sweet potatoes, brocolli, cauliflower, carrot, zuccini, mushrooms, pumpkin), with basic spices as salt, papper, paprika and healthy oil :slight_smile: :heart:

Oatmeal
Scoop of peanut butter
Scoop of chocolate protein powder

You can almost convince yourself it tastes like recees peanut butter cups

2 Likes

yum! thanks for sharing :drooling_face: