The Work From Home Lunch Pictures Thread

Just like it says: post your pics of what you’re having for lunch! Hopefully we’ll get some inspiration here for quick, easy, tasty homecooked stuff to have rather than ordering in. First up - leftover black beans and rice from the weekend, plus a 60 second sautee of costco power greens with some salt/pepper/olive oil. Had a fat slice of roast pork tenderloin an hour ago as a snack and some extra protein.

With any luck we’ll also get some from the naughty folks with 3 martinis lined up at the bar at 1:30pm :joy:

4 Likes

I typically don’t WFH but my company has a full kitchen and we feed the employees breakfast and lunch.

Depending on my training schedule and cravings, I’ll mix it up but here are a few of my regulars:

mixed greens
avocado
habanero pickled red onions
banana peppers
chicken
bacon
maybe some seeds or other stuff we have kicking around

homemade veg chili, often w ground turkey

pretty self-explanitory but you can never have too many oats, especially when training

6 Likes

and carb count

because it’s been so long I’m counting calories and macros for the next week or two.

2 Likes

Burrito with pulled chicken and veggies (bell peppers, mushrooms and corn mixed with some chili sauce.
2 burrito’s are 634 kcal. 86g carbs, 12 fats and 38g protein.
Can make these in advance and put them in the freezer. Really easy and tasty!

5 Likes

Would be more interesting to see people post lunches they’re not proud of :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I have a habit of having tinned soup at my desk on calls. People assume its because I have ben working through my lunch time, and I choose not to correct them, but in reality I am still in my running/bike gear from the waist down having maximinsed every possible second of the lunch break for exercise.

Today I have a burrito full of veggies and rice. When I say full I mean that I will inevitably overfill it and there will be a lunch based catastrophe.

5 Likes

This will be me. I’ll take it for the team later. I have no idea what I’m having, so will be a surprise, even for me!

2 Likes

Apologies, only remembered after eating half of it :smile:

New potatoes, tuna, mayo, left over salsa from last night’s fajitas :ok_hand:t3:

Approx 620 cals (180 of those is the mayo!).

2 Likes

Rice noodles with chicken, frozen green beans, red cabbage, in a quick sauce of japanese bbq sauce, chili crisp, and fish sauce.

7 Likes

for the lovers of hot sauce, O’Brothers is delicious, cyclist owned and all organic https://www.obrothersorganics.com/

3 Likes

Proud? Not LOL. Slapping some rocket lettuce, leftover broccoli, leftover rice, Costco and cherry tomatoes in a bowl and cutting up some Costco rotisserie chicken is what I a “lazy but healthy” lunch. No pride. The laziness continued with pre-made containers of carrots and sliced bell peppers.

1 Like

You mentioned distinct vegetables at least four times, I don’t think you realise how far up the bell (pepper) curve you are! :wink:

2 Likes

So far today: a banana, an apple, and a granola bar. Oh, and coffee. I need to up my desk-lunch game by a lot. Keep those “make and freeze ahead of time” ideas coming… bonus points if I can easily get such meals to work via jersey pocket.

1 Like

I had some leftover lasagna the other day that, when I looked at it, did think 'that is precisely jersey pocket shaped." :joy:

2 Likes

As an aside - the 3 biggest game changers for me have been

1. a rice cooker
  2. Rice stick noodles
  3. frozen veggies

All are great for minimal time invested in cooking. A handful of dry noodles go into a bowl of water at 11 am or so. After that…they just get tossed straight into a pan with some frozen veggies and leftover chicken for a 5 minute heatup.

Rice cooker…never had used one before…it’s not like it save real work. But not having to pay attention to a pot while I’m in the other room makes a huge difference.

Frozen veggies…same deal…never really bought them until I started cooking at home mid day for one.

2 Likes

We have a microwave rice cooker, about 10-12 minutes in the microwave and no more burnt rice on our stainless steel pans.

1 Like

Uni students in this thread;

luxury-john-mulaney

9 Likes

Oh dont worry…i remember the days of cooking grilled cheese on a george forman grill in the dorm room…

1 Like

My senior year I lived in a house that was being remodeled and for a couple weeks we were forced to cook hotdogs using two forks plugged into a wall outlet. Electrocuted at 120 volts for the win!

Hmm, maybe today’s lunch is better as I didn’t ring any ‘bells’

Rocket lettuce, curried cauliflower and chickpea leftovers (including rice), Costco chicken, and 6 baby carrots.

My kids call it Grandma Sandy goulash. I call it a leftover burrito bowl. And tasty.

1 Like

Post workout lunch:
200g (when uncooked) white rice, 50g brown sugar, an apple, cinammon, cocoa, maple syrup.

4 Likes