Join us live for Episode 199 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll be discussing pacelines, normalized vs. average power, balancing cravings with race weight and taking your live questions from Facebook Live and YouTube tomorrow, Wednesday March 19 at 8:00am Pacific.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Flying vs. driving to races
- How your warmup affects your race
- How to manage expectations as a Type A bike racer
- Why some riders corner better than others
- Mental illness and endurance athletics
- How long should you pull in a paceline?
- Effective ways to organize a paceline
- How you should change your nutrition for different race durations
- Why average power is used for PRs instead of Normalized Power
- How Normalized Power works
- How to time shifts perfectly when sprinting or out of the saddle
- How allergies affect performance
- Do antihistamines make you slower?
- How to train for TTs if you are a triathlete
- How to overcome cravings
- How to find your ideal weight