Modifying a Custom Plan Builder Plan - Delete or Modify

Hello - I am in the middle of a training plan that I started on December 1, 2022. At the time, I added only one event, a three-day omnium in May (ITT, RR, and criterium) and listed it as a B race, intending to add more events throughout the spring and summer as the calendar came into focus. It’s not at all clear I can add A events or more B or C events without deleting the plan and starting a new plan with the same start date, as suggested in other related topics on the forum. And if I would like to now make the B race I originally included an A race, is that possible? Can someone please advise me on the best course of action?

Hey there!

I just took a look at the plan you have loaded up in your account. It looks like the end date is August 6, 2023.

You can add A/B/C events to your Calendar freely up to that point. You can also change a B race to an A race if your priorities change.

For A races, though, it is best to have only one to two per year. These will be races that you will perform at your absolute peak fitness and should be events that are the most important to you. If you have multiple A races, they should be either within 8 weeks of each other or at least 12 weeks apart in order to be in peak form for both. You may run into trouble adding multiple A races to your TR Calendar if they don’t fall into this time gate.

To add an event, you can simply click on the date of the race on your TR Calendar, and a menu will appear that includes the option to add a race. Once added, you’ll be prompted with a choice to recalculate your plan with that race in consideration or keep the original plan if you’d prefer.

Hopefully that clears things up for you! Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hi Zachery,

Thanks so much for this information; it’s super helpful! The point you make about A races makes perfect sense, and tracks with my knowledge and experience with peaking.

I’m glad to hear from you in detail about how to make these modifications, versus deleting the plan and starting over.

I do have a couple follow up questions:

1. is it possible to extend the plan with a later end date?
  2. if the answer above is yes, can I extend the plan into the fall and include cyclocross races, or will that start to confuse the focus of the plan?

My typical season involves a series of mostly road events (of those mostly criteriums) in the spring and summer, followed by some fall gravel and fall/winter cyclocross events, so it’s kind of barbell shaped from an event perspective.

Again, thank you for the help with this!

Happy to help!

At this time, we don’t have an option to extend the plan. Once the plan ends (usually after your last A race), the best course of action would be to add a new plan afterward for your fall racing season.