Currently I have a very restricted training program, consisting of LV workouts that are done at nights. This is accompanied by not-so-good rest every single night because of the little one. My typical timing goes something like this:
- 8/8:30pm: Bub goes to bed, I catch up with evening work
- 9:30/10pm: Jump on the trainer and begin workout (60 or 90 min depending on the workout)
- 11/11:30pm: Finishes (if no interruptions), stretch, cool down, and shower
- 12/12:30am: Jump into bed after bub’s midnight feed
- 4am: Get up, feed the bub
- 5:30am: Bub’s an early riser, dad (me) has to look after him … wife sleeps in for a little bit more
- 6/6:30am: Hands over care to wife, I get ready to go to work
And since I’m trying to lose weight also, my daily carb intake is usually very low.
I know one of the key to recover is “rest”, but as anyone that’s been through this stage, “rest” is luxury. Based on my timing above, and the fact I’m doing 3 days a week of sweet spot base (Wed, Fri, Sun), will it leave me with insufficient “rest” for desired training effect?
Thanks in advance.