Go to Oatmeal Recipes?

Looking for some additional ideas on what you all do with oatmeal. In particular any good recipes for “baked oatmeal” as I did my first batch of that today and quite delicious and much easier cleanup.

1 Like

I’ve started making overnight muesli. Used the recipe from Allen Lim’s book and then sort of mutated it over the years. I can have half of it preworkout and then stick it back in the fridge and have the second half after my workout. Same base of oats, greek yog, and almond milk - then I just play around with additions. Takes about 3 minutes to prep, stick in the fridge before bed, no fuss in the morning.

80g Oats
1/4 - 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 - 1 cup unsweetend vanilla almond milk

1 green apple chopped
15g chopped pecans
20g Montgomery tart cherries
Top with cinnamon

4 Likes

I just make a big pot - 24 oz dry steel cut oaks - all at once, refrigerate, and then reheat in the microwave and add toppings depending upon what I’m in the mood for / what I’m doing that day. The pot usually last ~ a week. So cleaning the one pot isn’t that big a deal.

8 Likes

I am a big fan of the Serious Eats recipes for baked oatmeal, especially this cinnamon-apple baked oatmeal version.

2 Likes

I like the Gwen Jorgensen oats: My second favorite breakfast: Oatmeal bake - YouTube (recipe below the video, use baking powder, NOT baking soda).

I portion them up (4 portions) before baking and they keep fine in the fridge.

1 Like

same here, only I portion it out into glass jars after cooking so I can just grab one for lunch everyday.

280g steel cut + 280g old fashioned oats + 6oz frozen blueberries + 24oz unsweetened applesauce.

1 Like

Awesome and thanks. Really love oats and other ways to do them is always good.

This is one of my favorites

“Peanut butter cup oats”

1 - 1.5 cups oats
1scoop chocolate protein powder
1- 1.5 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk
1teaspoon vanilla extract
1tbsp chia seeds
pinch of sea salt
Tablespoon chocolate chips
2-4 Tablespoons peanut butter

4 Likes

Steel cut in the rice cooker. 1 cup of oats to 3-1/2 cups water. Cook on Porridge setting.
Makes 4 servings (for me).
Add fried egg, sunny side up, with a runny yoke atop my serving.
Salt and pepper to taste, sriracha if you care.

My mouth is watering thinking about this.

9 Likes

i do a very simple mix of steel cut oats, natural (i.e. unsweetened) peanut butter, and maple syrup. All of it is to taste rather than measurement.

This is either for post workout or pre-workout, but a few hours before as it can be heavy

2 Likes

In mason jar:

Thick rolled Oats 2/3 full
Spoon of Chia Seeds
Blueberries
Maple Syrup
Splash of milk
Fill remaining jar with water.

Make 4-5 mason jars and store in refrigerator over night to soak. Warm up in microwave for breakfast each morning. I’ve been eating this same thing for years. Wife likes bananas instead of blueberries with honey instead of syrup.

Easy, quick in the morning and delicious. This is also my pre-race meal 4 hours before.

6 Likes

Pancakes:
45g rolled oats
80g cottage cheese or protein yoghurt
1 egg or 60g eggwhites
.5tsp baking powder
.5tsp baking soda

Blitz in blender, let it rest for 5-10min, cook as pancake

Then add condiments of choice, spreads, honey, mayple syrup.

A favourite of mine is caramelised banana that I cook with the pancakes.

I use the same mix in a waffle maker if lazy or prefer crunchy texture.

3 Likes

Overnight party oats

• Any amount of oats you’d like
  • Add lots of cocoa powder, some ground cardamom and coconut flakes. Make it count
  • Microwave a cup of milk and dissolve a big spoon of honey in the hot milk
  • Mix all the dry ingredients then pour the honey milk over it. If it’s dry-ish then just top up with some more milk or water.
  • Pour frozen berries on top of it all, I usually go with raspberries

Leave in fridge overnight.
Devour it in the morning!
Go ride your bike :biking_man:

5 Likes

Now I feel like a culinary bumpkin. I jus microwave some of my already made oatmeal, and then add sliced almonds and shredded coconut.

I think I need to be more adventurous :grinning:

1 Like

Banana oat pancakes - a great way to start your day :smiley:

1.5 cups of oats
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup of whole milk
2 eggs

Chuck it all in a blender and then cook in the pancake pan. Since Covid started, I’ve been making 2-3 batches a week and putting them in the freezer. Also good for a snack whilst riding.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

I dont soak or cook it at all - quick and easy…

Just oats with chia, ground flax, pumpkin, sunflower and hemp seeds, some ground nuts, cinnamon, then add milk and large spoonful of 100% fruit compote. Takes 60 secs to prep and no cleanup needed. Just vary the fruit with whatever we just picked!

1 Like

I love oats in a million ways!

1. And the most traditional one: oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit.
  2. Oatmeal + pudding powder cooked together. I eat a ton and I get a gigantic bowl of pudding oats (similar to Čokolešnik - people from Balkan region can relate), I just add a bit of milk and a banana and it’s amazing!
  3. Voluminous oats: oats + water, cook, cool and let oats soak all the water in. Add some more water, reheat and add toppings you prefer.
  4. Oatmeal pancake: Mix oats and eggs (I use 100g oats + 2 eggs), put into a pan and make it like a pancake.
  • there are many more and plenty variations of the above; coffee oats are amazing :smiley:
6 Likes

+1 on coffee oats. Make your standard recipe but replace some of the liquid with espresso. It is awesome :sunglasses:

9 Likes

All of these look delicious and thank you again. Going to try some this week.

Overnight oats:

Jumbo porridge oats
Chia seeds
Pumpkin seeds
Sunflower seeds
Cocoa powder
Raw egg (beaten)
Homemade kefir
Frozen blueberries
Udo’s oil
Dollop of Greek yoghurt

Love the idea of adding espresso. I’ll have to try that.

1 Like