Doh! Lost my Ramp Test (again)!

I’ve completed a ramp test with an FTP slightly below my current level. It came as no surprise because I wasn’t feeling it going into the test. When presented with the new and old figure, in a state of exhaustion, I meant to ignore the new ftp number and stick with my old. Stupidly, I pressed discard and lost the whole test! That’s the second time in 6 months I’ve done that! The first time I thought I was really stupid and in between I’ve done a couple of successful tests and been fine. Obviously it’s user error but when your brain is mush after a test it seems pretty easy to do when actually all I wanted to do was ignore the new figure. Next test I’m going to write a big post-it to remind me not to do it again - or try harder to make sure my FTP goes up!

1 Like

I did something like this, too. Instead of deleting the test, I ended it without the cool down because I clicked the wrong thing. I intended to ignore the suggested FTP change, but clicked something else.

Trainerroad support might be able to recover the files for you… Have you asked them?

But, I agree, I have done the same at three separate workouts. I usually also log with my Garmin watch so it saved me then. Maybe there should be an option to implement “are u sure” when pushing the “discard” button. Feature request @Nate_Pearson

I didn’t contact support because I assumed it was gone and in the grand scheme of things I wasn’t too bothered about losing the file (I know what approx TSS so can enter that manually in TP and the TR calendar). But a little bit annoying that I’ve not learned my lesson from the first time! But I agree that some different wording or confirmation dialogue would be good

I’ve done it twice as wel. Surprisingly easy to do.

Yes, support@trainerroad.com will be able to help.

Yep, they found it! Great guys

1 Like

If you are not able to recovery well every time before your Ramp Test, why not just add 3~5 to your current FTP setting without Ramp Test and try if you can finish following workouts.

For people who have lots of other things to do(ex: taking care of kids, lots of works from company…etc.), maybe you can consider this.

1 Like