What happens when you do high intensity efforts during base training, what it was like for Amber to be a pro domestique, and tips for beginner racers on their first year of racing and mountain bike stage races. Tune into Episode 281 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast for this and more!
This was a fun episode and we covered probably the most crucial question we’ve ever covered on the podcast – are you a left or right-handed bottle grabber and are you a spout up or spout down drinker?
Youtube Live Video:
Topics Covered in This Episode
- Off-season plans for the hosts
- First race season tips for beginners
- MTB stage race tips from Alex Wild
- What it was like for Amber being a pro domestique
- Warming up for Enduro and other short races
- A guide to ERG mode
- How often should you take the Ramp Test
- Guide to getting strength training equipment
- Training in bad air quality
- Mid-ride bottle handling etiquette
- Which power smoothing settings are best?
- Do high intensity efforts ruin base training?
- What is the goal of base training?
- Can you race during the Base Phase?
- Would you rather have a high FTP or sustainable power?