November 15, 2018
Join us live for Episode 185 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll be having a discussion on whether proper pedaling technique is a myth, how to win races with low power output, when triathletes should use a road bike instead of a TT bike and taking your live questions.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Adjusting your training plan when life gets busy
- How to select a specialty plan
- Returning to training after breaking a collar bone
- Does one pedaling technique trump all others?
- Riding to conserve energy in a race
- Is Traditional Base better than Sweet Spot Base if time is not limited?
- How to spark up your motivation to get on the bike
- When is a road bike faster than a TT bike?
Cross Country Marathon Specialty Plan:
Century Specialty Plan:
Sustained Power Build:
Nates Collar Bone X-Ray:
Create a Season for your time training with a broken collar bone:
Here’s how to set up seasons:
Check out our Crit Analysis with the Cliff Bar Team and one at a local race:
Best Bike Split
Waxing Chain Tutorial
Getting Faster for Reasons Beyond the Podium Ft. Pete Morris