WKO5 is here and it looks... different

I had the same problem. Plus the fact that WKO5 has two different “bike” FTPs (“Bike Threshold Power” and “Indoor Bike Threshold Power”) that you need to set to be the same to match your TP & WKO5 CTLs.

Rant: Why can’t I tell WKO5 that I’m using the same “FTP” for indoor and outdoor rides? Why isn’t the ability to have different a setting, and only if you choose to have different FTPs, you can set them differently?

2 Likes

Looks like 576 is latest Windows

That explains it, thanks @RONDAL .

Does anyone know how WKO5 uses the indoor FTP number?

I have my Garmin record all my rides, indoor or outdoors, so I don’t think WKO5 knows whether a ride was indoors or outdoors. Indoors, the Garmin gets power from my Stages and speed from my Kickr.

At a ride level its used for TSS, IF, Coggan classic zones, etc.

Here is a TR workout dual recorded - TR app to control trainer, and separately recorded on Garmin 530. Only Garmin Connect is sending to TP and WKO:

See the CyclingIndoor tag? I’m pretty certain that is automatically including in the Garmin FIT file sent to TP/WKO, and that is set automatically when I selected the Indoor profile on my Garmin 530.

When TP and WKO see that, they automatically set the workout as happening on “Indoor Bike” (upper left), and therefore will use Indoor FTP for TSS and other stuff.

Pretty sure that is how it works.

See this post above:

This is exactly how WKO5 appears to identify an indoor workout, as use indoor FTP to calculate FTP related metrics.

you can set your FTP and indoor FTP under your user metrics area. Same goes for HR etc.
This helps if you have PMs that measure slightly differently as well. Just assign to a specific cycling FTP so that you can aggregate or isolate as required.

Thanks. I don’t seem to be getting the indoor tag from the way I record my rides.

Which Garmin bike computer, and are you using the Indoor profile to record?

I don’t use the indoor profile. I take wattage from my Stages and speed/dist from my Kickr’s speed sensor when inside.

The Indoor profile only disables GPS. Twice last month ago I used 530 with the Indoor profile to record speed from KICKR and power from Quarq. The Garmin file has Kickr ‘speed’ and distance. Strava got the RGT file with RGT speed data (using terrain and RGT physics engine) which was pretty realistic, and Garmin/TP/WKO got the Kickr ‘speed’ data which on my 2017 Kickr is related to gearing / flywheel speed.

Back when I set this up, Strava wasn’t counting my indoor mileage. It was getting an indoor tag. I switching to recording all power from my Stages to the Garmin which solved that problem.

Is there anything special you need to do to create a new metric which is date stamped? I’m thinking of creating a new metric “TR pFTP” to track TR’s predicted / estimated FTP value, and I want to date stamp this so I can plot it on the same chart as CTL, mFTP, etc.

I’m not aware of a way to add a metric, so in this case I think you are looking at 3 athlete level ftp variables:

• bikeftp
  • indoorbikeftp
  • otherftp

http://updates.wko4.com/WKO5%20Expression%20Reference.html#;votherftp

and I would probably use otherftp for tracking trFTP

1 Like

Does anyone know how to calculate a moving average? I’d like to add a 7-day moving average to the Weight chart, to trend what is happening and take out the daily variation.

For convenience I use exponential weighted moving average (ewma) because the filter function is not documented.

Most of the WKO gurus hang out on WKO Power Users Facebook group.

:skull: I don’t Facebook

3 Likes

I held my nose and looked it up there for you :nauseated_face:

filter(weight,{1;7},1)

3 Likes

I been lazy and haven’t rooted my phones to get rid of it. Wasn’t all that pleased when I rooted my HTC Supersonic & One so I’m hesitating with my new Google Pixel 6. (Samsungs in between so it definitely wasn’t worth it.) Once awhile FB has been necessary as info on WKO, Zwift, RGT, & rocker plate DIY is almost exclusive FB.