What whisk(e)y are you enjoying?

fireball

best post-cross race beverage, for sure. most of my friends can’t touch it due to collegiate experiences that bring up negative memories, though.

I’ve been drinking Vogage 23 lately as well. Man that’s a tasty beverage.

1 Like

Balvenie Doublewood 17 for single malt

And

Jefferson’s Reserve Small Batch for bourbon

1 Like

My buddy has quite a lineup here. Mostly good ones except the Japanese one :-1:

5 Likes

Uuuh, a Whisky-thread! I won’t bore you with my collection, but just yesterday had a dram of Talisker 10. Such a good whisky in my opinion and not expensive - my goto for not special occasions. :smile:

4 Likes

Yikes I just looked it up…that stuff is pricey lol!

I love rye…I like bourbon also…but rye mixes better IMO. I drink a lot of Old Fashioneds and Sazeracs in the winter. My go to when I see it is Rittenhouse.

1 Like

Are you in the Uk? Pretty sure you can get it in Wetherspoons. I used to sell it mixed with apple juice

1 Like

I really wanna snatch that balvenie, heard great things about it and it’s not toooo expensive

2 Likes

Yeh in the uk - never seen that before. Might need to investigate :thinking:

Whisky is fuel for the soul.

4 Likes

How good is Suntory? I see that you have almost finished the bottle. Is this so great? I’ve been eyeing the different bottle from this brand since Christmas, and somehow regret that I haven’t tried it.

It’s really worth the purchase

I shop in the $20-25 range for my run of the mill whiskey, which I usually mix with something. I’m liking Bulleit Rye, Wild Turkey 101 (high rye content), and Tin Cup (because it’s a Colorado company and I’m a Colorado guy).

If I go fancy it’s Redemption Rye for me, “The Good Stuff.”

1 Like

It nice. Smooth, sweet, and finishes well. If you like whiskeys with a little “kick” this isn’t the right one. I’ll definitely buy another bottle.

3 Likes

I like them both, the double wood has a sweeter finish that I enjoy

1 Like

Monkey Shoulder tonight; not bad for a cheap blended malt scotch whisky! :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers!

4 Likes

I had a glass of Bulleit Rye earlier and am following it up with Glenmorangie Nectar D’or. Nectar and Mac 12 are my Scotch go to.

2 Likes

Eagle rare is so good for whiskey sour

I only just started on Whiskey as something to do during COVID lockdowns here in Melbourne… I think i’m off to a pretty good start?! :slight_smile:

Aberlour 12y.o. single malt (Speyside)
Aberlour A’Bundah single malt cask strength (Speyside)
Talisker Storm single malt (Isles)
Oban 14y.o. single malt (Highland)
Lagavulin 16y.o. single malt (Islay)

I think the Speysides are my favourite so far, but really enjoying the Oban 14 too.

3 Likes

I’m a beer guy thinking of getting into whiskey. Couple of my buds have recommended Balvenie.