What whisk(e)y are you enjoying?

I enjoy the smokiness of the lagavulin for winter nights by the fire place. Will sometimes go with laphroaig if a particular occasion.

Currently drinking an Oban 14 neat with a few drops of water.

Highland 12 for weeknights.

For bourbon I usually go Hudson baby bourbon with some ice.

I’m not proud of being a whiskey snob but got into it couple decades ago and sadly for my wallet I can’t go back to drinking the well whiskey I enjoyed so much in college.

5 Likes

Balvenie is one of the best bangs for your bucks out there for single malt. Served it at my wedding and kept the bar bill manageable.

2 Likes

2 Likes

A drop of Glenfiddich. Cheers.

1 Like

Not to distract from the whiskey discussion, but have you tried Hardshore Gin? Would be curious your opinion.

Also, reading through this thread makes me regret my dry January decision. :sweat_smile:

I do not enjoy whiskey. Alcohol does not smell good and tastes terrible. I do not understand why people drink it.

Obviously the people who drink it don’t think so.

Personally the only terrible tasting whisky I’ve had is Japanese and the super peated stuff like Laphroaig :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I like whiskey, scotch, bourbon, they each have different purposes.

Found a Macallan 12 on sale over the holiday, it was a sign that i had to replace my
Aberlour A’bunadh (sp!?) that was 60 proof or something.
Glenfiddich 14 sits on the shelf just in case
I have had a few over the years…i’ve started enjoying it probably 3-4 years ago i think. So i don’t remember all the name sadly

I’ve enjoyed Redbreast irish whiskey
I’ve tried a few different Juras with friends but not fully my thing.
Someone brought me back a JD Distillers from their visit at the distillery and i was pleasantly surprised
I i feel cheap and just wanna get drink or mix it in drinks i use grants…and my mother in law always leaves some crown royal here for her drinking pleasure.

I’ve started on bourbons in the last year or so, while i like them taste wise, they don’t give me an as good/giddy feeling as the scotches I’ve enjoyed so far, don’ t know why. I also enjoy that the price tag for a really good bourbon is much lower than the price of an okay scotch.

3 Likes

Sadly we finished the bottle of Ardbeg Kelpie, their 2017 limited edition, just before Christmas. My wife bought it for me for completing the Highland Trail MTB race (550 miles around Scotland) that year. She did check how much another bottle would cost but baulked at the £250 or more :flushed:

Currently have another smokey malt from the neighbouring island of Jura.

For those who don’t like the darker, smokier malts try and locate Ledaig (pronounced Letchik) which comes from the Tobermory distillery on Mull. Very light, it has the colour of a typical Cabernet Sauvignon, and much lighter in flavour as well.

1 Like

Got this for Christmas. It’s fricken awesome. Had one small glass on New Years Eve and now it’s been put away for very special occasions.

Plus I’m doing 100 days alcohol free so April 10th is soonest I can even consider reopening it.

2 Likes

This is my cycling syrup.

4 Likes

Ever tried this thing?

It’s good fun in cold weather (and when the snobs aren’t looking).

2 Likes

I never knew Fireball was considered a Whisky

2 Likes

Is this a USA only thing?

Can’t say I have. In fact don’t think I’ve even seen it over here.

I have got a bottle of Aberlour a’bunadh which is being slowly drained but it is ~62% (so 124 proof) so not having a lot each time.

Surprisingly smooth at that strength!!

2 Likes

I actually have to add a few drops of water in it (doesn’t really dilute the strength) to be honest… I think it helps open up the aromas… And yes, otherwise it’s very very strong but surprisingly smooth and tasty.

I was kinda sad when i finished it

1 Like

Oh yeah, I just love the fact that this thread is filed under “Nutrition” :grin: One of my five a day doc? SHure :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Welsh Gold called Penderyn, but I do love Laphroaig PX casked​:drooling_face: this is my collection at the time, as I’m trying to stay off the stuff so not buying anything new for now but often have 8-10 bottles at had :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I was gifted a bottle Eagle Rare (made by Buffalo Trace) and it is Excellent! Highly recommended for all you bourbon drinkers out there.

3 Likes