What Beer are you enjoying?

In Dark Trees Czech-style Dark Lager from Maplewood Brewing….damn tasty.

Dark Lagers seem to be having a bit of a revival lately in Chicago area breweries….nice to see a trend away from IPA’s all the time.

7 Likes

Wife is traveling on business so I hit the local Chinese restaurant for some house special chow fun and my first Bells Two Hearted Ale on tap.

7 Likes

No bikes today, went skiing. After views like this

I’m enjoying one of these

Rogue Double Chocolate Stout
9.0 ABV

9 Likes

The OG craft beer. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at their Asheville NC brewery

6 Likes

Into the Tilt American IPA from Roaring Table Brewery (a few towns over)

Really nice classic IPA….hoppy with a mild bitter finish. Not juicy or hazy, great color.

My daughters are out running around in Chicago today and my oldest is getting me a bunch of beer from Hop Butcher, my favorite Chicago brewery. Very excited for the delivery!!

7 Likes

A solid American IPA is far and away my favorite beer. Not sure if you’ve had it, but there is a brewery out of Des Moines (brother lives there) called Confluence and their Des Moines IPA, which is an American IPA, is worth trying. Bonus points for the fact that the brewery is right on a greenway so folks roll up in cycling gear all the time.

2 Likes

I’ll keep an eye out for it….thanks for the tip!!!

I think Run Wild is my favorite.

6 Likes

The place is awesome. Pretty common stop for me

1 Like

All the foam complaints…. Don’t ever order a Czech mliko poured lager: https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/czech-milk-beer-mliko-pilsner

Establishment Brewing in Calgary has a couple of side-pull taps for their Czech lagers and the “hladinka” pour is the best - reduces the carbonation.

1 Like

Oh man….side pull drafts are freaking awesome.

Piehole Porter Cherry Vanilla from Historic Brewing in Flagstaff. Interesting and good.

4 Likes

Tonight’s Happy Hour choice….CCCClear IPA from Hop Butcher. Obviously lives up to its name and it is delicious. Hoppy, slight bitter finish, not too sweet / juicy.

6 Likes

Monday Night Brewing Juice Raptor Hazy IPA

After a 4500kj ride, these things are gold

6 Likes

5 Likes

Final day of the big six oh

6 Likes

About 12 miles from the end of my ride yesterday I enjoyed one of these.

Home - BIRRIFICIO ANGELO PORETTI

5 Likes

3 Floyd’s Zombie Dust

6 Likes

An all-time classics right there….:beer::sunglasses:

Was in Monterey to celebrate daughters birthday, went to Fishwife her favorite restaurant in Pacific Grove. Forgot how much I love the English Ales they have on tap. Had this one:

described as “well balanced malty ale with loads of flavor” at 6.7% ABV. Loved it. Hard to find good malty ales with so much shelf space stacked high and wide with IPAs. I’ve had some of the other beers, loved those too.

Highly recommended.

4 Likes