What Beer are you enjoying?

This is my favorite beer. It’s funny that this is your first time having it as it’s all over the place east of the Mississippi (I always have at least a few in the beer fridge). Bells is a very very good brewery

3 Likes

I grew up in MI, went to Mich Tech in the UP, and moved to the west coast in the 80s. This is the first MI beer I’ve seen at our grocery store.

1 Like

Bell’s Two Hearted is a great, reliable beer….always good, but also somewhat commonplace these days throughout the Midwest. As a result, I don’t have it often simply because I know I can always get it another time.

Still flying the :belgium: flag lately…tonight’s choices.

5 Likes

When east meets west lol. Like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Anchor Steam and Pyramid and RedHook and … are old school out here! When I left UP MI we were still thinking Leinenkugel was exotic beer, the cans!

1 Like

Still the best pale ale in the country.

2 Likes

Red Hook and Red Tail used to be staples in our beer cache. Along with several others. We always had some Deschutes Bachelor Bitter and Full Sail on hand.

Perhaps an amusing beer story: Our Utah house had what was colloquially called a “Mormon Pantry” in the basement. We used it to stockpile beer which we imported from Idaho. Seemed reasonable to me and in keeping with the spirit of the pantry of being prepared. If there was an apocalypse what would be better than a beer stockpile?

Here is tonights beverage:

4 Likes

The Lost Abbey BWR Kakaboulet Ale… my finisher reward for the Cedar City BWR Wafer. Not much info on this beer online or on the label. I believe it is a Belgian Pale Ale style. Light in color, but flavor similar to a Dubbel. 8% ABV.

BWR was good fun, but appears the Cedar City version is up in the air for the future… not on the website for 2023. If this is the “Spirit of Gravel,” count me in. :joy:

4 Likes

Not a lot of interesting beers in Istanbul (at least where I was) but this stuff was everywhere and it wasn’t bad.

5 Likes

Black Abbey Brown Ale out of Nashville, TN. Not bad, but not great either.

For those that don’t frown upon it, for brown ales and pumpkin ales, if you add a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on the rim of the glass you will have a dessert beer superior to any dessert food you could think of.

5 Likes

Crux Tough Love Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout, Crux Brewery, Bend, OR

This my friends is a proper beer. Chocolate, coffee and dried cherries. Thick and black with a beautiful, brownish head. Sadly I drank it all before I took the photo, so I couldn’t show you it in all its wonderfulness in the glass.

6 Likes

another round of Seismic Brewing’s Megathrust, almost gone before the sushi arrived:

Hiding under the sushi is a mega pile of rice for the carb loading!

6 Likes

Tonight’s selections….the Chouffe was OK, but my least favorite of the 4 that came in the variety pack. Had that classic Belgian yeast / banana flavor to it.

New Glarus is up in WI and Spotted Cow is a huge beer up there, but persoanlly I think it is overrated and find their Moon Man Pale Ale to be far better (and yes, I mixed my beer and glass. I’ll do better next time. :crazy_face:)

7 Likes

I like Bud

1 Like

Being an athlete alcohol never passes my lips. One of these:

:

and two of them isn’t alcohol :thinking:

4 Likes

Koenig Pils while doing some bike work. In between a bike ride, autumn rugby internationals, soccer World Cup, and an afternoon hike with my son. A busy Saturday!

4 Likes

7 Likes

Found this fun mixed 4-pack of beers based on the Rudolph TV special called “Island of Misfit Beers”. Each one is named after one of the characters……this one had a IPA, a Belgian and two milk stouts. The first two were good, but the stouts had a distinct “burnt weed” flavor that wasn’t great. Drank them as flights with my oldest daughter.

Tonight was back to a classic Winter ale…Samuel Smith’s Winter Welcome. One of my faves.

6 Likes

The perfect recovery drink to see me that last 10 miles home.

I kinda spoiled its effect by having a second :joy:

6 Likes

Time to start watching for the Holiday time seasonal beers. Always try to grab some of the Sierra Nevada and Anchor offerings.

2 Likes

Why favorite time of the year for beers…unfortunately the local craft beer store closed in October. They would let break any 4 / 6 pack apart and just buy singles. I could always make a really nice variety pack of winter beers.

I came up with a workaround, though…l.bought 6 different 6-packs and put one of each into a mixed-pack to give 5 of my riding buddies for Xmas, which left me one of the mixed packs for myself. :wink:

I avoided most of the usual suspects (Great Lakes Christmas Ale, Revolution Fistmas, etc) but I did include Anchor Steam’s offering.

Stay tuned to this thread for updates. :sunglasses:

2 Likes