What Beer are you enjoying?

We don’t always get much Cloudwater beer (from Manchester), but it’s always a treat when you find it, especially a DIPA.

5 Likes

Anchor Steam was one of two craft beers when I moved from MI to the Bay Area back in '86. I think Sierra Nevada had just been introduced around that time, but it took a few years before I remember having it. Anchor Steam seasonal gets my nod.

Went to a memorial service for my next door neighbor, he was 74 and still ripped despite having Leukemia for the last decade. Blair was a truly great man, the type of neighbor and family member everyone wanted. They had some good beer choices after the service, I chose this local one in his honor:

Enjoyable pale ale that paired well with the fruit and veggie plate. I didn’t really taste the Citra/Amarillo candy and fruit notes, it just went down nice and easy.

4 Likes

Am going to say my first good beer was in 1989. Moved to Salt Lake City and Squatters had just opened. Then started mountain biking with a group from work, and one of the guys had gone to brewmaster school and was seriously into the microbrewery scene. The rest is history (which nobody reading this cares to read more about - LOL).

I’m partial to Anchor Liberty. Cannot typically find it locally though.

1 Like

My daughters insisted on posing in the background….the camera focuses on them and not the beer. :crazy_face:

Half Acre TEND Winter IPA….nice, classic IPA with just a hint of seasonal spices. Quite tasty. (This was not one of the 6 from my self-made Winter mix pack)

5 Likes

The selfie and photo bombing generation!

1 Like

Had my first ever “lo-cal” IPA on Thanksgiving. I tried Founders Daytime IPA. I was impressed. Certainly has a lighter body than a real IPA, but good flavor.

Since I am a “more is more” kinda guy, I enjoyed the ability to have 3 drinks and not feel it the next morning, and have fewer calories than 2 regular IPAs would. Will try some other brands soon.

1 Like

between the beer, food, and music you post, I have a feeling we could hang out… :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

:metal:

Bud Lite. :slightly_smiling_face:

Let the hate begin.

3 Likes

Welcome to my extended family, where I never have to worry about somebody drinking my non-BudLight/CoorsLight/Corona/etc beer! I’ll leave some at my brother-in-laws, and come back a month later and its still there :+1:

1 Like

Purposefully trolling or disruption of threads violates the TR forum rules of good conduct.

:rofl:

4 Likes

The day one of my brother-in-laws take a hankering to my great beers, is the day I have less beer for myself!

This one is pretty good, and definitely crisp(y). Nice refreshing beer… probably not the best choice for a snowy day though.

Doc wants to switch me to an “absolutely no alcohol” medication (thanks to my dumb kidneys). So… gonna have to get my fill before January.

3 Likes

I’d find another doc….:crazy_face:

(Seriously, though…best wishes for the kidney issue)

1 Like

Driving my daughter out to Boise (:cry:) and we stopped in Laramie, WY for the night. Went to Accomplice Mycro-Brew for dinner. Ordered a flight…from left to right it is the top 4 beers and then the Norwegian Summer Ale. The Sol Dance as super-heavy on the banana / bubblegum flavor, but all were pretty good.

7 Likes

Hold my beer:

5 Likes

You might get some snow tonight. We might get up to a foot here (steamboat)

1 Like

Yeah, was just looking at the weather. Could be a bit of a slog up through Utah tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up….:+1:t2:

Now thats the way I roll across the West on family trips. Pull up Yelp and find the local microbrewery with good/great food. Bound for Boise State?

she wants to move out there. She is going to spend the next few weeks getting a lay of the land and lining up jobs, etc. and then move out early next year (so I get to do the drive yet again :woozy_face:)

Like you, I always find the local brewery / brewpub when I travel. I never understand people eating in chain restaurants when they travel. You can get that crap anywhere…find something local and unique!!

2 Likes