What Beer are you enjoying?

:upside_down_face: Shrimp and oysters. Was really good.
https://windandsearestaurants.com/

1 Like

I went to a liquor store here in town that I don’t usually go to. To my delight, they had 3 or 4 different German Pilsner beers in stock. Nothing can match the crisp flavor of proper Pilsner beers.

The snow has also arrived. So gravel and MTB season are officially over. Today’s ride was one of my few indoor rides in the past 6 months. Time to break out the fatbike.

5 Likes

From now on I’m only posting in the Beer and Outdoor Ride threads.

Cheers:

4 Likes

Ooof…this one was a bruiser. Bourbon barrel milk stout…strong coffee on the nose, but cocoa is the upfront flavor, with vanilla and coconut accents. But at 12%, getting through the full 16oz was a big ask….(spoiler - I didn’t make it :crazy_face:)

8 Likes

:laughing: the best threads for sure! My ride pics are more impressive than my beer pics however. These days, my beer preference is pretty boring - Pilsner or similar beers.

1 Like

Plain and boring Madri for me tonight. Realising that I’ve not drunk alcohol in a while #cheapdate

2 Likes

Love me a good Blood Orange Hefeweizen! From the Central Coast.

4 Likes

Enjoying a nice crisp Pilsner on an afternoon walk in the mountains with the kids. Seemed like an appropriate beer to drink in the snow.

4 Likes

Love this beer…was awesome with the chili I made tonight!

5 Likes

Working on breaking out of my comfortable Ales / IPA zone….I have never really “gotten” Belgian beers, TBH….that subtle “banana / yeast” flavor always throws me. I grabbed a couple of mix packs at the store and am working my way through them.

From last night….both were good and I rated them 3.5 or 3.75 on Untapped. The Chimay Gold was pretty straight forward. Good, but nothing remarkable. The Houblon Chouffe was a little more in my wheelhouse, but not as hoppy as most IPA’s.

5 Likes

Give this s shot…one of my favorite Belgian ales.

6 Likes

Cherry Chouffe

6 Likes

Center tap:

Megathrust IPA from Seismic Brewing Company in Sonoma County.

Sushi :sushi: time!

7 Likes

I’ll see your Cherry and raise you a N’ice Chouffle. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

That’s insane spelling!

2 Likes

That centre tap looks like it’s just one beer that comes out of different nozzles.
Does megathrust give you something for the ahem, evening, or for the morning?

2 Likes

:game_die: :game_die: left coast living!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Its not exactly enjoying but enjoyed as I am back now after a couple of these on the ride this morning :beers:

3 Likes

Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, named after a river in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Solid beer, I really like this and it’s my first Bell’s beer.

7 Likes