VeloViewer Infrographic 2021

It’s almost time to create your annual VeloViewer Infographic. I only have three more rides planned this year before a week-long break for Christmas and New Year’s, so this won’t change much. (Here’s the 2020 thread, for reference.)

11 Likes

4 Likes

I only count outside rides for mileage and elevation…heretic I know.

234 hours in total when counting time spent inside staying in place neither moving laterally or vertically in the Fred Shed like a hamster on a wheel.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Been a disappointing year, the first time not passing 5k km or any centuries for a while. Life, depression and everything has conspired against me. Although it is a new year tomorrow I’ve pumped my tyres up and dusted off the weights to start again.

11 Likes

Still better than average and I’m sure your new year will be better still :+1:

2 Likes

So the numbers are down; it happens to many of us.

I spent time with the wife and my two newborn daughters from 2010 to 2014. I don’t regret a single missed ride. It’s a phase of life that has passed by.

Went as low as 53 hours one year (1900Km), and an average of 111 hours per year for the other 3.5 years (about 2600Km each year).

I wanted to hit 4000 miles. I have just completed it. I have been doing a lot of Apple Fitness+ Pilates and Apple Fitness+ Yoga this year on my off the bike days.

I hope you all have a great year. 2022 here we come :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Misses some chances for longer stuff outside but still pretty happy with 2021, at least from that point of view.

3 Likes

Mileage slightly down on last year, but more elevation climbed. Just hit my mileage goal for the year this morning. Looking forward to some decent weather in 2022 to get in some long rides.

Happy New Year to everyone

3 Likes

Well down on distance, normally I’m in the 10,000km sort of range. Didn’t even manage an imperial century this year :cold_sweat:

All the best to everyone for 2022 :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

I stopped doing anything productive in september

3 Likes

I could have written the same post, except it was the beginning of the year that was rough for me. Work stress, a melanoma scare, 6 months of PT for my hips, a month-long illness (not covid), and a crash = depression and the least I have ridden in the last 5-6 years.

But, finishing the year stronger than it began, seeing a therapist, and having fun again riding with friends and scenic byways.

5 Likes

Just a middle of the road cat2/masters racer.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s my final infographic for 2021. Very similar to 2020.

• 590 more miles
  • 12 fewer days riding
  • 16 more hours
  • 2 fewer trips up Everest

3 Likes

I wish TR had a ballpark formula for indoor distance. The speed and distance on TR rides is linked to what gear you are in and is very fictional.

I wish VeloViewer merged trainer rides with virtual rides instead of outdoor rides (or listed them separately) so I could get a better idea of outdoor vs indoor mileage, but regardless, I’m pretty proud of what I was able to do this year.

4 Likes

Overall similar to last year.

5 Likes

Hit my goal of 15,000 km for the year, but didn’t make the stretch goal of 16. Goal for 2022 is the same mileage, and to work on planning/scheduling rides better to be more efficient with my time. 2021 mileage

7 Likes

Fell short of my 12000km goal due to work over Christmas. Still happy with it. Another year of loving my time on the bike.

3 Likes