Triathlon Plans: The Swims

And? How’d it go?

On the fogging, spit is a good anti-fog. Also, a tiny drop of water left in there works well. Don’t have so much that it bothers you, but enough so you can just shake your head while swimming. Sometimes, I need to fidget and fidget with my goggles and they will not stop fogging and other times, I put them on one time and they never fog for the workout. Once on and they’re not fogging/bothering me, I never remove them until the end of the workout. If you’re constantly taking them off at the end of sets, ask yourself why you’re doing that. Also, rinse them off after swimming to help prolong their life. Every bit helps, especially if you really like how they fit/feel.

And if the goggles are ‘losing their fit’, it’s likely the gasket. You can also try goggles without a gasket, like ‘swedes’ (for example: https://www.arenawaterinstinct.com/en_ch/swedix-mirror-goggle-smoke-silver-black.html ), though those aren’t for everyone. Or a different model or manufacturer. But 1.5yrs of 2-3 days/week will wear down the goggles.