I could use some advice on choosing a training plan - here’s some info:
- I’ve just started training for triathlons, I’m not sure what distance yet but probably sprint or at biggest Olympic.
- I have several months of cycling under my belt and have just got back from Mallorca where rides of 120-150km with 2000m-2500m climbing went well. I wanted to try to get up Sa Calobra in an hour and I did it in 50 mins, so that shows TR works! However, I’m starting from zero with swimming and running.
- I have 2 weeks left of part 1 of the low volume two week sweet spot cycling plan and then I was planning on doing part 2 until I found out that TR could also do other sports including running and swimming.
- I do a club ride outside on Saturdays and am about to start to going to club swims on Thursdays and possibly Sundays so I don’t know how the training I’m given there will relate to the training in a plan nor if I could import swims from my Apple watch to TR, possibly via Strava?
- If I do the running using my Apple Watch will that sync to TR?
- Tomorrow I start bike commuting to work, which is 30 mins each way and it’s flat so I can keep the TSS from it low if go gentle or I can integrate training into them (with restrictions due to lights/traffic).
Maybe I should just disregard my cycling training to date, assume I’ll start with a sprint tri and choose the sprint tri plan to keep it simple but I don’t want to lose the cycling strength and endurance I’ve invested pain into if possible so i’m confused.