It’s been a couple weeks since I started TR, I was wondering if you all could drop some knowledge on my established training schedule. Here are my goals:
- Get faster on the bike so I can enjoy riding with groups and possibly racing in criteriums in the future.
- Maintain my maximal strength so I can continue to throw my kids in the air for as long as possible.
- Crosstrain to maintain/increase bone density.
Some details about me:
- 40-year old male
- Full time job
- Married with children
- Started cycling in May 2018, most of my time on the bike is spent commuting
- Monday: Bike commute 30 mile roundtrip + 1.5 hours weight training (5/3/1 deadlift, front squats, military press, pull ups)
- Tuesday: Bike commute 30 mile roundtrip + Trainerroad workout (currently in SSB1 phase)
- Wednesday: 1.5 hours kickboxing
- Thursday: Bike commute 30 mile roundtrip + Trainerroad workout
- Friday: Trainerroad workout
- Saturday: 3 hours group ride or Trainerroad workout
- Sunday: Rest day
Please let me know what you think about the routine. I’ve been on it for about 2 weeks now, I am definitely tired but I’m not sure if I’m overtrained.