Sugar Free February 2020

As dry January comes to a close I noticed someone mentioned Sugar Free February. I checked to see if there was a post for it but couldn’t find anything so here it is.

Who’s up for Sugar Free February then?

2 Likes

How strict are we going here? No added sugars? No fiber? :slight_smile:

If I do this i’m gonna have to go ham on some girl scout cookies and ice cream tonight.

it’s the last chance for a month!

1 Like

yeah there is a bit of problem of definition… no alcohol is pretty clear cut, but what does

even mean :sweat_smile:

:scream::joy: it seems pretty clear to me… no sweets, sugary soda, biscuits, cakes, basically anything with added sugar?

1 Like

alright. and what about “science food” … gels, chews, bars, sports drinks… plenty added sugar in there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Suggested rulings:

• we’re talking added sugar
  • workout nutrition = fueling shall be generally accepted (but may be restricted at the discretion of the user)

It’s only 29 days!

2 Likes

just to bear in mind:

1 Like

This is my basic diet. No added sugar. Been doing it for over 3 years now. Very positive impact to how I feel and how the symptoms from my crohns disease improves without the added sugar.

I will use sugary drinks when I cycle as it does change how I hard I can work.

As a note you will notice a change to your taste buds after a few weeks of this. I do find a number of items that I used to enjoy to just be too sweet now.

2 Likes

Yes, I think it was me, thanks for starting a thread.

I agree with your take on it;

But if course you can do whatever fits your life!

1 Like

I’d be up for this…now I’m not going to count stuff on the bike and I’m not hunting down ingredients on every packet, tin or sauce…but happy to do ‘no junk sugar’ Feb - so no cakes, biscuits, cookies, rubbish cereals (always have porridge anyway!), jams, obviously sugary stuff!

2 Likes

But I’ve only just moved somewhere where I have access to chocolate digestives again :sob:

4 Likes

So I’m still a bit unclear about the size/scope of the “during workout” exception. Is it anything goes on the bike? Our last four doh-see-dos are next to my bike right now…

What about the benefits of consuming sugar while doing sport? Maybe you meant no added sugar unless it’s helping fuel or refuel a workout?

1 Like

Yep…but must actually be doing a workout…can’t just sit on bike and eat!!!:joy:

4 Likes

:sweat_smile: You have my sympathy!

Perhaps give yourself a week leeway? :wink::wink:

As @schmidt said, genuine fuelling a workout doesn’t count. :muscle:.

But if you find yourself soft pedalling, watching Netflix and shovelling in Black Forest Gateaux, you know you’ve gone wrong somewhere!

5 Likes

But that sounds so delicious

1 Like

I can’t kick it. Stopping my sugar intake has been the #1 most challenging thing I’ve ever done.

Day #1 complete!

:wink:

2 Likes