Steroids, DIY Cheap Nutrition Products, Inflammation and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 289

good point

1 Like

Don’t think announcement would be anything technical. You’d like to think Nate would know about that.

Since they just went through selling the house, I’m going to go with new baby announcement. :wink:

2 Likes

I have been using TR since 2015, probably an interval expert (based on plan builder’s definition :grinning:) Given the extra time i have had this year, I was doing a high volume + extra plan. While I was fast, I was no faster than previous years, where I had much lower volume.

I have loaded a low volume plan till I fully kick off my 2021 season in Feb

Interesting Podcast. The whole PED issue just boils my blood. I quit a masters team after learning how many are using TRT w/o a TUE (some didn’t know what a TUE was…). Since then and coincidentally, I learned from other riders who the doctor was. During those conversations, they assumed I was interested and started rattling off more names I was very familiar with. Point being, masters doping is way more prevalent than I thought. At least in my area. Beyond the doping and racing the justification that they are doing nothing wrong is disheartening. All great guys otherwise and the whole issue pains me when I see them.

6 Likes

Jon just built a brand new a home

When the podcast started, there was mention of discussing whether compression boots was beneficial, but I don’t think it was ever discussed. I’d love to hear this topic since it’s a $1K investment.

1 Like

This has been touched upon a few times, similiar to things like foam rolling, ice baths, and Mark pro (like) devices. No objective quantifiable evidence to back it up, but if it works for you, then it works for you.

1 Like

It’s that Jonathan and Keegan (drink) are doing Cape Epic.

Agreed. But I listened for 1.5 hours waiting for them to get to it. :man_facepalming:

@Nate_Pearson mentioned about publishing the how many times you stop during a ride.

I’m putting it out there today I stopped twice, one was to wipe an arse (not my own) the other was to pick up the Lego at at Walker after I heard an ‘Oh oh, Daaaaaaaaaddddddd

3 Likes

Just don’t double-dip. :flushed:

(shout out to George Costanza :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Too true. Same rule as those using chamois creme from a tub :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Blockquote
If you don’t mind, can you post a link to your climb (Strava, TR, whatever)? I’m starting to think about doing it. Thanks!!

Sorry for the delay. let’s see if this works, I do have the privacy settings set to “Everyone”:

It’s a fun and well-organized event; I definitely recommend it.

Almost forgot, there’s a good forum thread for this race: Wheels for Hill Climb

Both links worked, thanks! Great pacing for a 90-95 minute effort at 0.94IF. Well done!!

I think I remember that from the podcasts, but I’m not changing my guess.

1 Like

Oh. Sounded like you were new to TR.

I though I might be in a similar position to you. Coming from ~2 years of lots of hill intervall training (4x13, 3x20, 2x30, 1x60 at SS or threshold) and long hours z2 tacked on. I’m really curious if I can surpass that plateau I’ve been on this year. Possibly neglected the cadence drills and vo2 work that features in my SS Base Mid more often than I thought. We’ll see.

So lets say you have a really tall rider that would make the fit on a tandem difficult. Then clearly what you need is a custom built titanium race tandem.

If you wanted to up the teamwork for cape epic, they have a mountain bike too!. At that point team @Nate_Pearson starts to look really strong with a pro steering and weighing nothing powered by his FTP.

2 Likes

@Nate_Pearson you mentioned a 2:1 maltodextrin:fructose mix in this episode, but I remember you had previously been trying out 1:1 to get up to 144g/hr . Are you still doing this to get >90 g/hr ?

Oh my goodness this sounds like my worst nightmare :skull: . Keegan has weird physiology that lets him ride at a high percentage of his threshold for abnormally long periods of time, and his threshold is my high VO2. Can’t think of a worse partner on what is already one of the personally least-appealing races on the calendar. :rofl:

3 Likes

so you’re saying its on your calendar? :thinking:

1 Like