Steroids, DIY Cheap Nutrition Products, Inflammation and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 289

I am looking forward to @Nate_Pearson being the pilot and @Jonathan sitting on the back with a mask so Nate can practice leading a blind person.

3 Likes

Amazed by all the chat about cooling mats for sleeping, over here in the Uk most folk use different tog ratings duvets and open or close a window. Get decent curtains so no need for sleeping with an eye mask!

I’m of the KISS principle for sleeping, Nats sleep routine sounds like a lot of added stress and faff!

Simple!!!

5 Likes

Nevada has a somewhat different climate.

For a guy with sleep apnea? Sounds like he’s got it handled pretty well :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks guys for answering my question about the heart rate straps :joy:

Settled a discussion I was having with some teammates over beers, super critical info.

3 Likes

Did @Nate_Pearson share his recipe DIY sports drink ? Also could you add Kool Aid type mix for flavor?

1 Like

Lol I hope to get up to reno and tandem ramp test could be fun. We could do it live and it would be like that scene from stepbrother were you only see nate and then randomly I pop my head out from the side:)

Strength training plans. Not because I think it’s the most likely, but because I want Plan Builder to think it out for me.

4 Likes

I’m picking it’s an event entry. BC Bike Race. Or maybe Nate is getting taken up to Single Track Six again…?

2 Likes

For those looking for rice cake how-to check here: Rice Cake Crumbling Prevention! - #6 by RONDAL

For DIY drink mix including the stuff Nate was discussing check here: Make SIS BETA fuel yourself just a few pence per bottle - #167 by rkoswald

3 Likes

My guess [or hope]: TR buys intervals.icu and keeps David Tinker on to do all the development.

7 Likes

Is it the announcement of the Ask a Researcher Podcast that you guys have been talking about for a while?

1 Like

As it sounded a little bitter sweet for some reason, I’ll suggest it’s either Jon at a new job, or his wife and they’re moving away. I’ll take a tr subscription :slight_smile:

Being able to upload run and swim workouts would be the main thing I want.

3 Likes

Thing 2 release.

My guess is that Jonathan will be doing cape epic in October.

1 Like

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training . It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”

• Socrates
2 Likes

I am begging to come around to why the low volume plans are actually so effective. Having a plan that allows for natural recovery, rather than us trying to force too much in and force recovery (but just disrupting the natural cycle) and limiting long term adaption, will make you faster.

looking back over my calendar I can see when I felt the fastest (and was actually really fast), I was actually doing less, eating more and not stepping on a scale obsessively!

5 Likes

How about the ‘still wet from yesterday’ trick :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m in a similar situation. Have you been doing intervals before?

I’d expect “Thing 1” to be released first, and we still don’t have that :stuck_out_tongue: