Recovery hacks, tricks (equipment, nutrition...)

Hi,

Please share your tricks to speed up recovery process. Other than the usual advices (rest, carbs…)

Thanks

I’ve found if I do an arvo/night TR session, rehydrating before bed can be somewhat challenging leading to waking up feeling a solid 2/10 knowing I haven’t hydrated. Pete Morris mentioned that he knows when he’s woken up dehydrated in a podcast aswell.

What I do to combat that is electrolyte supplementation (any rehydration formula works, find one that you like and sits well with you) + concious efforts to take in water. It’s a fine balance on the water intake as you don’t want to be up and down all night needing to go to the toilet but you need to get it in.

Usually I get it right and wake up feeling ready for a morning sesh.

Combat it by thinking of preparation as recovery. Before a hard workout plan your day or previous day of food around it.

Additionally I’ve started making my own recovery drink which is 30g whey protein and 50g of maltodexterin. This has made a significant improvement to how I feel Vs premade recovery drinks.

[quote=“brenph, post:3, topic:1520”]
I’ve started making my own recovery drink which is 30g whey protein and 50g of maltodexterin. This has made a significant improvement to how I feel… [/quote]

Same here. My mix was/is 30g whey w/ chocolate milk – but only if I finish the workout!

Once I adopted better nutrition practices, I found that upping my protein intake was the #1 trick for me.

@Josh I used to have this same issue. Now on nights I have a workout, I over hydrate during the day. I target a gallon before I get home from work and then one 20oz bottle with skratch labs for the workout. This combination has kept me from dehydrating and having to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

1 Like