Pro tips for racing in heavy crosswinds, how cyclists should deal with “adaptive muscle shortening,” using your commute to get faster and more is all covered in Episode 243 of The Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Takeaways from the first race of the season
- Should cyclists be worried about “adaptive muscle shortening?”
- The biomechanics of pedaling
- Tips to improve your pedaling efficiency
- Can longer races build fitness for short races?
- Using Plan Builder to train for a race with little time
- How to use your commute to get faster
- What is the purpose of TrainerRoad Workouts with fluctuating sustained power?
- Pro tips to race in heavy crosswinds
- Does skipping rest intervals increase the workout’s effectiveness?
- Borrego Spring Cycling Camp
- Rogue GH-1 GHD
- The Ready State - Kelly Starrett
- Pro Tips for Moving Through a Field Efficiently
- MTB Outside Workouts: How to Nail Your Planning and Training
- How to Use Seasons for Year-Round Cycling Fitness
- Plan Builder: Dirty Kanza
- How to Ride Confidently in Crosswinds
- Sprinting 101: How to Be Explosive