Physical and emotional struggles on the bike

Kinda similar at the moment, broke my hip end of last year and after dealing with that had another few setbacks including my wife being in hospital for the last 3 months. I have done zero training/riding and working/visiting taking 15/16 hours of my day my fitness dropped drastically and I lost~23% of my previous FTP and 45% drop from my peak.
I restarted my training a couple of weeks ago when I thought my wife was being released from hospital ( this didn’t happen) to try and get some me time and fitness back and they have been demoralising mentally knowing where I have been. Started to accept where I am and today is the first day I felt better about things. I am not saying I’m cured, tomorrow I may slide back, but you have to take things day by day and accept where you are is not the same as where you have been. It may take time but you will get back your fitness and the sun will rise again.
Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to, don’t stress about ftp and numbers, if you have the time then as others have said get out and just enjoy the ride. Try and accept where you are and enjoy the rebuilding.
We are all here for you if needed. Be well

4 Likes