I think it is very doable to get back to where you were if you make the commitment and are consistent. I had a similar situation, but 50 years old, and did my first ramp test almost exactly one year ago(7/26/23) with a 227 FTP result. Followed TR plan through the end of last year and have had a coach since the start of this year as I am doing Leadville 100. Just did a final 20 minute FTP test last week resulting is 325 FTP (343 avg watts for 20 minutes) at 79kg. This is also higher than my FTP 10 years ago when I was racing. The success I attribute to being very consistent with following the plan with 12+ hours riding each week. Having history of riding I think has also helped.
DamonM
3
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Another FTP discussion - 1.5 years on TR | 33 | 3624 | April 17, 2023 | |
| Ramp test - The FTP suggested seems very very low | 10 | 2325 | April 26, 2020 | |
| Training Religiously and going backwards | 33 | 2147 | February 12, 2021 | |
| More than 2 months and FTP Falling…What’s going on? | 25 | 2514 | January 7, 2022 | |
| Using TR for a while but not progressing.... but why?! | 32 | 2292 | October 13, 2020 |