LIVE Group Ramp Test - Monday, April 13th at 1PM Pacific

Really enjoyed that. The group workout function might get me back to TR soon.

1 Like

that was so much fun to watch!!! :grin: loved the live chat bantz as well :ok_hand:
well done everyone!!

1 Like

Loved the group dynamic! Only heavy breathing at the end.
I PRā€™ed my test, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

2 Likes

the best comment was asking which were Pete and Chadā€™s conditioners, ha.

Amazing @Nate_Pearson and co, great stuff all round.

2 Likes

Despite everything everyone said, @Nate_Pearson should wear a ā€œRamp Test Winnerā€ T-shirt on the next podcast.

Everyone Else: Itā€™s not a competition.
Nate: Butā€¦ I won. :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

Is the new live ftp figure during a ramp test only for group ramp tests or it it visible for any ramp test? Also, does it matter what app is used? I know group workouts is only windows and Mac currently so presume the live ftp will only work in those as Iā€™ve not seen a new iOS app for a couple of months or more?

Pretty sure itā€™s Desktop only right now, and appears to be in the solo mode. Itā€™s a ceases via the extended stats (down arrow by ā€œStatsā€ in the middle right of the screen).

2 Likes

Plus heā€™s at 4,500 feet!

That was a bit of fun doing the ramp test in sync with the live TR test. (Although, I started 22 seconds behind).
I think it would be cool if the TR crew did more of these live ramp tests. The time flew by for me. I even felt like Iā€™d stopped earlier than I should until I noticed my HR had maxed out 3 bpm under my highest ever HR in a race scenario.
:+1::+1::+1:

Awesome work TR crew. I look forward to trying out the group workout function once I sort out a webcam in the gym and tops to wear on the bike.

3 Likes

That was pretty cool to watchā€¦thanks to the whole TR crew for being willing to put themselves out there like that.

And although @Nate_Pearson lasted the longest (and huge kudos for that!), I think Brandon was the ā€œwinnerā€ at 5.1 w/kg. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Itā€™s Mac/Windows right now and you can see live FTP in the ramp test solo or in a group workout.

There is a setting when you start the ramp test to show it to other people. You can choose not to show it.

We are working on a mobile update with full calendar features. Itā€™s still a bit off from beta, but itā€™s getting close.

4 Likes

Brandon always wins. :unamused:

Iā€™d need a 449 FTP to keep up with him on a climb. :scream:

2 Likes

Nate I believed in you and the super compensation from all those group workouts!

Answered the first 3 poll questions correct, but was late, tuning in around the 18 minute mark. Who talked the most trash?

1 Like

@Nateā€¦I was worried if you might have passed out and was hoping you had someone at the office with youā€¦good jobā€¦you looked like death.

@Nate_Pearson, Iā€™d be curious if youā€™re able to complete your workouts in the next couple weeks or did you ā€œover-testā€.

Thatā€™s insane!!!

Great job today by all!!

1 Like

That means it was a proper ramp test :metal:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got plenty of HTFU in me. The hard part is Iā€™m upping volume to 13-15 hours per week! So the extra volume alone might destroy me. Im starting short power build high volume with some extra aerobic work.

I do plan on having all my intense workouts as group workouts though.

1 Like

There was no trash talk, believe it or not.
They all had that look that you get when you realise it could go any which way.

2 Likes

Was there an official weigh in before this? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: