Has anyone used an online nutritionist/nutrition coach?

I have a pretty good understanding of nutrition but at the same time, I’m trying to balance a decent workload… TrainerRoad 4x a week according to a training plan, bouldering at the climbing gym, barbell lifting 3x a week (squats every session), one or two outside group rides, plus some mountain biking.

I have wondered whether it might be helpful to work with a sport nutritionist who “gets it” when that many extra calories are being burned (A TrainerRoad session typically uses >1000 kj for me) and can help me dial in a very small caloric deficit.

Most apps like Noom and LoseIt get kind of wonky when you’re burning that many extra calories and trying to fuel that much work while also losing weight.

So my question: Has anyone worked with an online nutrition coach specifically in a sports context to help dial in their weekly diet in the kind of context I described? I know there are a lot of all-up cycling coaching services which cost a ton of money but I’m not sure I’ve seen discussion of just the nutrition part.

I have had very good results with Shred Science Nutrition, a macro focused online program. If you want to know more, message me and I can answer any questions you have about my experience.

1 Like